Thorpedene's Academy Committee is made up of the following members:
|Name||Category of Governor||Date of Appointment||End of Term||Appointed by|
|Stephen Tollworthy||Chair / Community||10/02/2020||09/02/2024||SECAT Trust Board|
|Louise Smith||Vice Chair / Community||01/09/2022||31/08/2026||SECAT Trust Board|
|Carly Quick-Crockford||Parent||10/02/2020||09/02/2024||SECAT Trust Board|
|Jo Matthews||Staff||18/03/2021||17/03/2025||Academy Committee|
|Mike Wild||Community||12/09/2022||11/09/2026||SECAT Trust Board|
|Laura Crow||Parent||20/10/2022||19/10/2026||SECAT Trust Board|
Stephen Tollworthy - Chair Of Governors
- Worked in Advertising, Creative Director responsible for all creative output and adhering to budgets
- On the SBC Education Board Panel
- On the SBC Admissions Panel
- Been Pastoral Team leader at local church
- Lives in Westcliff and is passionate about achieving the best possible outcome for the students in our area
Carly Quick Crockford
- Parent of 5 (4 currently in SECAT schools)
- 20 years experience in finance and accounting.
- Moved to Southend 3 years ago and have never looked back.
- Interests include health and fitness, reading and having 4 boys it is inevitable that I also like football.
- Challenge for this year is researching childrens mental health and the effects of childhood trauma on development.
- Headteacher at Thorpedene Primary School & Nursery
- BA Hons in Primary Education
- Over 17 years experience in schools in Southend
- Specialist Leader in Education working alongside schools in Southend
- I am committed to ensuring the best interests of every child are the heart of our school and to ensuring that every child is nurtured and challenged to achieve their true potential
- Interim Headteacher whilst Steph Frost is on maternity leave.
- Teacher since 1996
- Headteacher since 2009. I've been a headteacher of a 2 form Junior school, a one form C of E school, a 2/3 form school on Canvey Island and now Thorpedene.
- I hold the NPQH qualification and am a qualified inspector and hold the PQSI qualification.
- Class Teacher at Thorpedene, currently working in EYFS.
- During my 10+ years here, I have worked with and supported many pupils across both KS1 and KS2.
- I am passionate about creating fun and exciting learning opportunities to enhance the success of all pupils.
- I believe the saying ‘It takes a village to raise a child’ and feel it is important to establish positive and supportive relationships within both the local and school communities.
- Two children attending SECAT schools
- 9 years in the Royal Navy followed by various senior positions with the food manufacturing industry
- Believe education should be stretching but also have lots of fun and smiles along the journey. School should be something all children enjoy and get the most out of
- Keen gardener and football supporter, manage my sons U11 soccer team
- Parent of three children (all within SECAT)
- Over ten year's experience within Further Education providing information, advice and guidance for young adults and adults.
- Previous experience of working alongside external agencies within the community for the benefit of the student/public.
- My aim is to encourage the growth of diversity within education and beyond. "Every child is a different kind of flower and together they make a beautiful garden".
- I believe childhood aspirations within a primary school setting are an important driver for achievement later in life.
If you would like to read the information in the documents listed below, please click on the appropriate link.
Funding Agreement - https://www.secat.co.uk/funding-agreement
Annual Audited Accounts - https://www.secat.co.uk/annual-reporting-statements
Annual Report (as above) - https://www.secat.co.uk/annual-reporting-statements
Register of Interests for the Accounting Officer - https://www.secat.co.uk/_site/data/files/users/62F0CE595F3BC776B85946FAE385AE93.pdf